Sunday, October 13, 2013

Museum Day

Today I went to the Berggruen Museum, which houses works from Paul Klee, Cezanne, Giacometti, and Picasso. I was particularly drawn to the Picasso exhibitions. They had a good collection of his studies. I made several reference drawings from his works in my sketchbook. I also filled a few pages with portraits of fellow train riders from the commute to and from the museum. It was amazing the difference drawing from Picasso's studies made in my perception of figures afterward. I felt like the world had become deeper and decoded in some way, as I perceived value and spatial relationships more intensely. 

Back in the studio, I finished a pen drawing if an intricate piece of graffiti-treated-like-fine-art that I'd been working on for a few days. I am pleased with the results. 

In the evening I went with my friend Braden to see a show but upon ariving, we both decided that 12euros and a commitment to the late night were not in our best interest. I was relieved to hear that Braden was as exhausted by the city as I was. 

I believe I have adopted a fever. I hope to sweat it out before I leave on my train ride to Amsterdam on Thursday.