Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Weather

Dunia, Anna and I went to the market together and found some good used clothes. I bought a tan winter jacket from the 70's and Dunia found a beautiful burgundy dress which laced up the front.

I worked a few hours in the studio yesterday, then had a lovely evening with Dunia and Anna in the loft of the home. The loft is painted completely white and its walls slant inward into a triangular ceiling. It was a quiet and comfortable space for us to enjoy each other's company. It began to rain that night. 


The majority of today was gloomy and raining, which made for a good studio morning. In the afternoon, Dunia, Anna and I went for a walk to get some soup at a Thai Restaurant down to the street that I enjoyed last week or so. The restaurant was closed, so we set to walking towards the Rijksmuseum, to find a backpack that Anna had scouted out earlier. The walk was pleasant despite the cold and wet weather. Dunia and Anna were lively and optimistic. We found the store. It was an outdoors store which had winter clothing and traveling gear, and free hot chocolate. It was a type of oasis from the cold and rainy weather, which we made a long use of. We got comfortable drinking tea and hot chocolate, and began walking around the store, before an employee asked us to be mindful of their merchandise, and relegated us to the coffee corner. Anna made her purchase, and we set back towards home. Walking out of the shop, we noticed a beautiful Thai restaurant directly next door. We sat down and ordered chicken soup with coconut milk, mushrooms, and lemon. We also ordered what was described on the menu as chicken cake, which we found was a light, fried, savory kind of cracker. The food was unbelievable. We waked home quickly as the weather picked up some gusto. 

I looked up a music zine that I discovered today, and saw that Braids were playing tonight. I geared up and set out to brave the weather. I rode across town toward Amsterdam Centraal to find the venue. The weather gained intensity as I rode closer to the main waterways. A combination of intense weather and lost bearings sent me back to the house, where I took a hot bath and prepared for more studio time.