Monday, September 2, 2013

Monday

I put a good day of work into my paintings and sculptures today. It took some time to generate ether in the studio, as I became somewhat impatient with the work. When I relaxed, I was able to focus, and a painting whipped together in a few moves. It was very rewarding to experience and I am happy to have another nice thing to look at from my blogging chair.
 
I have been wrestling a large painting for a few days now and I see some options for closing it up. I think this will be a good project for tomorrow. 

On a bicycle ride today, I found an incredible piece of wood that was a table top. I have it at the foot of my bed to greet me tomorrow morning. (though secretly, I don't wake up until the early afternoon, as I've stuck to my American schedule). 

I also found a two-gallon pickle tin, which I have vague ideas of applications for. 

I contacted Karen Dennis today on the phone to ask about the relationship between a contractor and a personal assistant. I have made a good deal of work here (and I intend to make more), which I cannot take home when my stay is done. I am curious wether I could make good use out of a second pair of hands in terms of organizing a show for my artwork. Karen gave me some good advice, and I am now weighing my options for potential help. 

I called my family. It was sweet talking to them and making up fake stories of what I've been up to. 
I will have visitors in a couple of days. Two young women from Russia who are backpacking through Europe will be staying in the floor below me. They are friends of the Dennis Family's, and we have been in email correspondance already. I have been cleaning the house for their arrival.