Monday, March 31, 2014

Museum Days

Shaun and I are now painting in the Museum of Contemparay Art Jacksonvile, or MOCA, for their atrium series. The wall which we are working on is fourty feet tal by sixty feet across. We work the wall in vertical strips from side to side, as our industrial lift permits. Today Shaun had a video interview for the museum's documentation video. I was handed the list of questions to ask Shaun, which I read off verbatim for the most part. The questions were somewhat dry and implicit of answers that all parties who have contributed to the project would be comfortable hearing. One of the benefits of the interview process was that the museum was closed down for the duration, and that the privacy curtain ( which we have been working behind to keep intact the secretive nature of the project) was pulled back. It was the first time in two weeks that Shaun and I had seen the space from a distance greater than fifteen feet. We were both thrilled to see that the mural looked incredibly healthy. After the interview came to a close, Shaun and I worked with an uplifted spirit. 

I must say after working with Shaun for the past few weeks, we still get along incredibly well. He is a gentleman who works to give more than he takes. Positivity is the name of the game for him. There, I said it. :)