Tuesday, January 30, 2018

Waxing days, growing pains and shake

Today crossing an intersection my chain blew off my bike and I fell riding onto the top tube. All’s well. I hopped off and got onto the nearest sidewalk. Honking cars blew by. Entitlement is the word on the street; it’s belligerent and impatient esp. in the mornings. At clay class, I’ll restate, it was suggested that suffering is a choice- not intrinsic to life. Sugar gliders are known to disembowel themselves in captivity from depression. Privilege is for something to be about you. Suffering it’s said is caused from illusion. My dream in the morning was confrontational. ‘Paranoia will destroy ya’, and caffeine will make you do dumb things quickly. What else. . There’s a good one from reading today> ‘Love is the in between of ignorance and knowledge’. Also, in here, nature as an assault of information. Earlier in the week I went through poor health, and also got buckles in the rims of my bike- ready for taco’ed wheels. The sun hasn’t shown in five days. I replaced parts of my bike and think of Argo when I approach it, especially too as I read Maggie Nelson’s The Argonauts. I read Hawthorne on Painting and am putting the concepts to application. I am thinking of dropping another class, a crit class, as I feel the more time I can spend in the HLB the better (I’d audit Scott Noel’s drawing class). I feel I am rotting in my seat when in a class that nurses three hours talking about seven pieces of work- and the message is always the same- go make more!  Daisy chains, I haven’t changed. ;)