Monday, January 15, 2018

Day five

I broke my streak of writing once a day. Nothin to it. In meditating I find that the times on which I think fondly, were those times where I, god how quick do sentiments change, mid sentence. Anyways, I went out to see my friend and his girlfriend last night at a bar. They were traveling through Philly. I brought them gifts. Where I wholly do not expect to receive back from gift giving, they have done me well. In researching my bike mechanic (in order to find his friend via social media, that he’d mentioned painted murals around here) I learned on his shop bio that he liked lime LaCroix. He was working on my bike at the time, and so before I went in to pick it up, I bought a lime LaCroix to surprise him with, to which he was joyed. He then turned around and gave me a great discount on a bike helmet. Only upon walking out did I realize what potentially happened. Yesterday a cafe worker hooked me up with a bag of unsold food items. It took care of lunch, and dinner, and breakfast so far, and should last me until tomorrow yet. (What gift did I give to him?) Once on a trip to Miami I became homeless until calling my friend, who was staying nearby and offered me a place to sleep. I bought a bottle of liquor for the house. Two years later, while apprenticing under that friend, he cited the story of how I’d brought a gift that night, and he knew that this was a person who understood balance and reciprocity. This has felt sinful to write about, but if it encourages gift giving, hell. A person has gone from tangible to abstract, and is now to go unnamed. Like how we must lie in the subconscious to experience enlightened moments, it’s these bogs in which we make our homes, and anything other would be fanatic. 


School has had a stutter-step start as Thursday was treated like a Monday, and Friday tapered off, and today, Monday, is a holiday. It’s welcome to me, like shifting gears on a downhill. I just got this little projector so I can beam my compositions onto panels, no problem. I’d had a projector before, but truth be told didn’t use it too much. Now, my practice incorporates much more digital, and with a sensibly small projector I’ll have a bridge to the traditional.