Sunday, February 10, 2019

Sleeping in my studio

Things have gone pretty well today. I just have to remember to turn my sock inside out tomorrow when I put them on. Nah, fuck it, I’ll do that now. .. done. One less thing. All I want to report today is I has pretty good success in sketchup. 

I’ve got a crit tomorrow so I’m going to annotate some things I’d like to ask Sarah Peters.. 

Here’s how I had it set up for open studio night. Based on what you’ve seen of my work before, what do you think in terms of this showcase? I feel like I might not have captured many facets by curating like this. I’m such a sporadic artist. Rob Roesch notes that he’s surprised that I meditate. He said ‘I thought you were the one to thrive in the chaos’. I guess I am, but I can get angry without the meditation bookending my days. What’s being a sporadic chaotic artist mean for me in terms of shows? Or career or whatever? What’s the prognosis? 

How could I ro-sham-bo this kind of work into a show?

I’m thinking of wrapping up this semester with ‘my style’ in addition to challenging myself and doing well in coursework. Thoughts?

What might be a good model for me in terms of sales in relation to producing a large volume? Should I go cheap, or sit on drawings? What’s your model? What about your taxes? 

Do you teach? Might grad school be a good idea coming up? Would some or all of these things look good with a frame? How should I present some of these sculptures? In the ASE? On one of these bootleg shelves? 

Read my artist statement and bio? How are they? Look at my website? Look at my video works? 3D models? How did you get into the New York scene? How would I? 

These unfinished ‘finished’ looking paintings- what do you think? Unfinished? What about Paul Theck? 

Tomorrow I would like to claim a size wall for the ASE, and declare what size paintings I anticipate showing. I have to mock up the show in a way. I also could use tomorrow to ship some sold work and write an itinerary for a travel scholarship application. I could also read and watch tutorials for a video class. After class, I could screen print my ordered my larger size shirts. My glass sculptures will come out of the kiln tomorrow. I have to email some people. I broke the 3D printer. I have to formulate a plan for a show submission about scale. I could distribute flyers for submissions for the draw-a-thon forthcoming this weekend. I could batch an advertisement for the Kemmy does PAFA shirt. The event could be a perfect corral for selling the shirt- Maybe I should screen print even more, or a new design. ‘PAFA does Kemmy
‘ 

I could sculpt the mockette for the procession piece and mock it up in the evening. Or afternoon. 

I’d like to build the strainer for the nude model piece in the wood shop. And ask Sarah about doing a big nude. painting.