Wednesday, January 22, 2014

New York

I wrapped up two murals in Tallahassee; one for a smoke shop called G Street Smokes, and another for my friend Matt's soon to be son, Miles. My final night in Tallahassee was spent painting at the smoke shop late into the night. I have yet to see the final painting in daylight and likewise have yet to capture a picture of it. 

I got a few hours of sleep before making the drive to Jacksonville to catch a flight to New York. 

I arrived in New York on Thursday to help my beautiful friend Leah with a street art project for her forthcoming feature length film premiere at South by Southwest Festival in Austin, Texas. I have been commissioned to make 1200 unicorn horn stickers with logos on them, which we anticipate sticking all over the city to generate some buzz on a variety of social media platforms. 

Thus far I have made 400 stickers, despite the limited studio space and inclement weather. I am now searching for a studio or likewise working space to bang out the other 800, as it will behoove me greatly to be able to spread out with the project.