Saturday, January 26, 2019

Switched class

Switched out of Ecorche class in exchange for 3D printing.

Rob Roesch’s Continuing Education section of 3D printing didn’t run. I found this out on the morning wher I had overslept and missed more than half of my Ecorche class. I cut losses and didn’t go at all, because John Horn is a slow teacher and I was aware that on this day the class would only be constructing a rib cage. I went down to the third floor where the vending machine coffee is, and got some synthetic joe, and popped y head into the CE office with an inquisitive thumbs up or thumbs down. The guy in the far office, behind a glass wall returned my gesture with a thumbs down- the class would not be running. With a flood of intuition I went straight to the bursar and asked to switch into the 3D class. Thereby I relieved myself the absence (and I’d already taken Ecorche with John Horn in the summer), and maintain my credit hours, while taking an interesting and useful course, taught by someone I highly respect, and that might pay in the way of politicking. I’ll also receive some money back from the CE department as a refund. Life’s good.