Sunday, June 29, 2014

Weekend

I had a great weekend. On saturday caught a ride to downtown on the city bus, returned library cds, tried to hitchhike to Tallahassee to no avail. I caught a ride with Mike, a local guy headed to Riverside Arts Market. At the market, we sat and talked. I drew a jazz guitarist who was preforming in front of Mike and I. I offered to sell the drawing for $10 to Mike. He was real cool about it, agreeing to pay me $10 to give it to the guitarist. I agreed and made a new friend.

I'm almost finished with a wedding invitation commission which I'm real stoked about. Jamie a few studios over, helped me format and print them on her 1962 Heidelberg Letterpress. I brought the vellum to NesPrint northeast of downtown for gold die-cut applied foiling. The design is elegant. Left on the list of things to do for it are to print maps on, cut and assemble envelopes out of card stock. And to cut the letterpress elements to size.

Watercolors made an appearance in the studio in the past week. Getting ready for the Summer Splash Art show in 13 Days is a blast.

Riley Dennis visited me from Saturday afternoon to Sunday afternoon. Dan, whom I know from Tallahassee art school came by Saturday afternoon as well. We drew and talked for hours.

More friends have taken an interest to coming through JAX and visiting. I am so blessed!