Friday, June 20, 2014

Fever

I would say that I'm full time at CoRK now. The Studio at Blue Buddha serves for storage and supplies mainly.
I have built a beautiful table which measures 10X4 ft. I am now finishing the top with shellac.
I have also published a zine from the 17 paintings on beer coasters during my time in Amsterdam. They are an edition of 100. I am now more comfortable in Adobe Indesign after making this book, (my second with the software). I like the print shop nearby, they can print on a lot of different surfaces and are hard working.

I have been commissioned by my wonderful friends Cory and Grace to create 40 invitations for their forthcoming wedding. The deadline is fast approaching. I have some ideas, and am reading a Stephen Sagmeister design book in preparation.

I am now illustrating a spoke card for my friends at the local bike shop down the street. I am learning about Adobe Illustrator with this project. I think this is very good practice for a postcard (which is basically all that it is, except it also advertises owner, Garfield,'s business and is laminated for waterproofing).

I will be a part of a show on July 12th with my friends Morrison (whom I met during Art Basel Miami) and Mike (an artist who is fresh from living in Boston for some time), both great artists. I have several different drawings and paintings which I am working on in preparation.

Today I went to see Laurel at her job at the Museum Cafe. We had lunch together.
In the evening, I met with Dan, a friend of mine from Tallahassee. We went to a bar where I got a soda, and talked about graffiti, design, sculpture, furniture, quality, functionality, and purpose before overhearing an anti-gay remarks from a group of the bar patrons concerning their views on marriage. Together we unceremoniously stood from our chairs and left. We walked around the neighborhood in a different, more industrial area than I had ever been. It is obvious that this town had a boom, and that white flight left a scar. We made passing regards to locals, two asked us for money.

I am ill with a low fever I believe. This is day two, it's going around. It hit me hard. And I am certainly at a time where I feel motivated to work. I wonder if there is correlation between my work habits and temporarily hosting a virus. I am eating well and I began taking bee pollen tonight as advised by Mike.