Sunday, December 8, 2013

Fence Spot


Today I rode to the beach with Shaun, Overstreet and Murphy for brunch. after parking and reserving a table, we took separate pre-meal walks. On my walk I met my friends who where out and about trying to rent a scooter. They had no license and asked me to help them with the rental paperwork. I obliged and went with them to the nearest scooter rental place. The rental was a success. 
Later I went to Wynwood to walk around. I came across a mesh fence in a cutty alleyway with tags on it. It was well lit and close enough to the main drag that it had a constant stream of viewers. I thought it would be a great place for a piece. I bought a couple cans of Kobra paint and banged out a piece. The alleyway immediately improved the more work I did. It felt good to be a positive influencer of experience and interpretation. 
I met a guy named Thor who was an incredible artist at the beginning stages of a notable art career. I stayed out talking with him until 5.