Sunday, November 18, 2018

Comic Panels

This page from a zone rates pretty highly on the 'hipster bullshit' chart, but it's a foray into graphic novel/comic that I'm excited about. As an abstraction, it reads as like a batman comic, which despite my inclinations to talk shit on batman (though, aside from corporate, what's not to like). . I like batman just fine. 

Panels are me in studio having brain block, individual reading, milieu of contemporary detritus, school vending machine with three selections which are on my mind often; a snickers bar, a honey bun, and a pack of gum, then the bottom quadrant is the concentration of self indulgence/ hipster bullshit. 

I've stopped loading images on here, but I think I should start it up again.


This is intended for an open call PAFA illustration zine (let's see if they take it). Maybe I'm trying to troll them. TBH I was trolling Ringling. Nevertheless media literacy should prevail; I hope. I hope someone tells me that it's hipster bullshit.

I hope someone who doesn't know me sees it's repellents and its redeemers. It's not brilliant, but different. I'm just glad it looks like a batman at a glance.