Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Side Note


Here's a post about posting


When I come across older posts, often, I like them better. they're written more from the outside in rather than inside out- and that's a quote I borrow from an introduction to Joost Swarte's English publication, Is That All There Is. Anyway, I hope to get back to a more clean style of writing- less panicky and more straight documentary. I also will make an effort to work in a more straight-forward approach. I am reading a collection of lectures and writings from Philip Guston. He's full of great quotes; well read and ever the oppositionist. His working method is linear. I don't know whether his paintings benefit from it, but he seems like a smart guy for it or in spite of it.

I have a good sense of mental health right now, although I tend to wax poetic for hours every day, wondering about whom I will pair up with, then going back to thinking 'it's no-one, of course!', or thinking of how I will spend my time or make money, and likewise I think, 'no how, for now'.

My mind nears rest through my work, and so in fits and starts I'll continue on. I've got more to write, but I'll continue it on another post. Here's to a bright future of clean documentation.