Saturday, December 5, 2015

Cuidad DF

my first semester of ringling went by in a fllash as good thigs do. the first few days, during and after orientation were a beautiful itme. there were only freshmen on campus, and we modeled for one another in the evening for drawing practice. From where I came from, it was utopian feeling. I modeled some and garnered nicknames. The nicknames didnt stick. Upperclassmen arrived and were condessnding in ton eto the freshmen which was lame. I think I fared better being older than the others, but that may be a simple speculation. The first semester, really the first year, is designed to shake the uncomitted. My courseload was slim so I took on a business class, which I shortly dropped due to its retarded cirriculum and redundancy. I also picked up a homeric greek class down the street at new college, a thrown rope to a version of myself that I wish were true. My late uncle Kemeys went to New College. He wrote a beautiful thesis on economics of ecosystems. I share blood with him, and I believe his intellect. I do not think I am as brave as he was and in other ways, wired diferently. Three days a week, I would ride a city bus north on highway us 41 for a mile or so, to go to this class. I made every session, but aside from that I was not in the front of the class academically. I met another woman. fuck man, they keep getting better and better in ways, and worse and worse in others. I felt like I got roped in, but in that vocabulary Im a willing persuadee. I do this thing I guess where I trust the non verbal communication to do most of the talking, which works in the end, it just makes the ride bumpy emotionally speaking for all parties involved. The relationship lasted as long as it lasted and it was for the most part beautiful. I fell noticably behind in school, while I gained the impresssion that I was on call for this woman. I took a handful of "important" cab rides to her place. I spent nights at the bar and nights out. I was burning the candles at both ends so to speak, and doing a mediochre job all around. Our terminus happened after we ate a pizza instead of making love. I felt like a very natural thing to say, "we should be just friends". I walked back to school, where I would play a catch up game for the rest of the semester, which would end in a stimulant induced sweaty finale with 36 waking hours of drawing, a bus ride to a greek exam, a frantic mile or so run back, a quick grab what you need for mexico, a called cab, a pick up and prepare final drawing submissions (all but one were resubmits) and a to go lunch. Cab man took me to the greyhound station. I waited for the bus to orlando where I would catch a plane to Mexico City ( a recomendation from another ex-gal) to spend some time away from it all. And here, from the basement of my hostel, in the locker room, where a computer is set up, I write to you now.