Thursday, September 4, 2014

Art Walk

I made twenty shirts for art walk last night from a prohibition themed illustration that I made for the Volstead. Burro Bags, a local screen print shop, did all of the dirty work and gave me a discounted rate on the terms that I design a shirt specifically for them. I agreed gladly.
I set up a merch table in the lounge room of the Volstead and made a dent in the twenty shirts that I had. The shirts sold for twenty dollars a piece. I saw a few friends throughout the night walking around wearing them- that was a cool feeling. I hung the original illustration from which the shirts were made up in the foyer of the bar. Sam and Alyssa of the Volstead crew wrote me a check for the painting, and asked that it remain hanging where it hung. I felt that I had done a good job in matching imagery to the space.