Friday, February 14, 2014

Confirmed Studio

I planned to leave Tallahassee early this morning, but after a shower and breakfast, my body and mind were still not ready to get in the car for such a long trip. It was early in the afternoon before I felt sufficiently rested. I got into the car and drove to Jacksonville, check in hand, to confirm my lease on a warehouse studio space.

I met with Al in his wood shop to deliver the deposit. He is a very compassionate man from my reading. He has been welcoming to me as a soon-to-be tenant, offering that I may move into the space before the payment period begins. I walked over to the Cork Building, where I met with my friend Morrison who was hanging his show in the gallery space. We talked for some time and he talked with me about some of the valuable resources within the neighborhood. I thanked him for his time, and was off for Crystal River, back to my folks house to keep my grandmother Donna company for at least a part of St. Valentines Day.

I have a lot in front of me, but am focusing on the present.